Want to start planning for a net-zero business, but unsure where to start?
Our government-funded pilot training programme will help horticultural, food and drink businesses in Kent meet net-zero targets by giving them the skills, knowledge and funding to become more sustainable.
Led by NIAB as part of the Growing Kent and Medway project, Growing Green is inviting up to 40 micro businesses and SME (small and medium enterprises) to volunteer in the pilot. Their input will help to develop a bespoke sustainability training package for the horticultural and plant-based food and drink sector.
The training package will analyse the business’s current carbon emissions and its potential to reduce them. A sustainability action plan will look at operations across the business to identify areas of opportunity for improvement. Grants will be awarded to the businesses taking part so they can put their plans in to action.
Join our Growing Green pilot programme. It is completely FREE. You can register your interest here.
What are the benefits?
- An audit of your current carbon emissions
- A bespoke action plan to help you reduce carbon from your business
- A complete training package that gives you the tools and skills to move your business towards net-zero
- Access to see net-zero technologies and processes in action
- A grant to help put your learnings into action
Why make net zero a focus for your business?
Reducing carbon emissions is not only good for the planet, but good for business too.
- Save money on expensive energy bills
- Become an attractive employer to environmentally-conscious candidates
- Be recognised by your customers as an innovative, sustainable business
- Network with other like-minded businesses in your region
Is my business eligible?
- Do you run a micro- or SME business?
- Do you work in the horticultural or plant-based food and drink sector?
- Is your business based in Kent?
If you answer ‘yes’ to each of these questions, you can apply to be part of the Growing Green pilot programme. There are only 40 places available. Make sure you don’t miss out. Applications close midnight 14 April 2022.
Growing Green is funded by the UK Government and Growing Green Partners through the UK Community Renewal Fund. It is a pilot scheme to develop a bespoke training package to help businesses operating in the agri-food sector to hit net-zero carbon emissions. The project will be led by Growing Kent & Medway and delivered by NIAB EMR, Low Carbon Kent, Locate in Kent, Produced in Kent, University of Kent, the Kent Foundation and APS Produce Limited
Low Carbon Kent Network
Sustainable Business Team
This website is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014 - 2020